How do we collect data about you and your use of the website?
We ask you for personal information in a variety of circumstances:
- when you make a reservation from our website or through our consultants/customer service team – by email, letter, fax, or on the phone
- when you register with us, subscribe to our newsletter, request a quote or brochure, enter competitions or register for promotions
- when you take part in surveys or provide us with feedback To make the Peakes Travel Elite website work even better for you, we also use “cookies” to collect information about your use of the website. Cookies are a feature of web browser software that allows web servers to temporarily store information within your browser. Most browsers automatically accept cookies but you can delete existing cookies from your browser. You can also edit your browser options to choose not to receive cookies in future.
How do we use your data?
We use your data for the following principal purposes:
- to provide you with the highest possible level of service and to help you to get the best out of our website
- to fulfill the bookings and purchases you have made through our website, and any other requests we receive from you
- to provide you with a personal experience and to ensure that you do not miss any offers or information which are likely to interest you
- for other administrative purposes and for internal analysis when you contact us by email, we will use the information you give us to provide the service you require (such as when you request a special meal).
The data you give us will also allow us to send you details of special offers and promotions, update information about Peakes Travel Elite and our partners, and other related information (as part of a newsletter or otherwise).
Who may your data be disclosed to?
We disclose your data to our partners who will only use your data for the purposes of fulfilling your booking requests. We will not disclose your data to any other third parties except where it is necessary for the purposes of fulfilling any bookings, purchases or requests that you make on the website, and through our consultants or customer service team or as otherwise described in this policy. We may be required to disclose your information if required by any applicable law or regulation. We may also disclose your data to third parties and professional advisers acting on our behalf and who are obliged to keep that data confidential.
All airlines are now obliged by law to disclose the flight and reservation data of all passengers flying through the UK, Australian or the United States airspace to the relevant government agency prior to arrival. Data is only used for security purposes.
Transfer of information
For any of the purposes set out above, we may transfer your data internationally including to countries outside Europe. Each country may offer different levels of protection, some of which may not be as high as the United Kingdom.
If you do not wish to receive any communications from us please advise us either by e-mail or telephone, details of which can be found on our website.
Cookies and how they benefit you
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile phone when you browse websites
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
Third party functions
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily “Like” or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
Cookies are set by:
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Visitor Statistics Cookies
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our’s and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.Top of Form
Terms and Conditions
Overseas air travel is protected by the CAA through its ATOL arrangements. Peakes Travel Elite acts as agent for ATOL holders and where this is the case we must issue an ATOL receipt showing the name of the ATOL holder and their ATOL number. Your contract is with the ATOL holder and in the event of the licence holders failure you will be recompensed by the Civil Aviation Authority.
Peakes Travel Eilte is a member of Association of Britsh Travel Agents (E6077), and in the event of the company’s failure clients would be reimbursed by ABTA.
Package holidays and charter flights are protected by ATOL but scheduled flights are not. All clients travelling on scheduled fares are strongly advised to ensure that they are covered by insurance should the carrier fail.
We act as agents for ATOL holders. Where we act in this capacity your contract will be direct with the ATOL holder.
We make no representation and exclude any warranty, express or implied, as to the quality, availability, timeliness, performance or fitness for a particular purpose of any product, service, business or company mentioned on this web site.
While we take every reasonable care to ensure that the information on this web site is accurate and up to date we assume no duty to update such information nor do we guarantee its accuracy.
This web site is provided for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any information , software, products or services obtained from this web site. Your use of the web site constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions and notices contained herein. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions you are not authorised to use this web site.
This agreement is governed by the laws of the United Kingdom. By using this site you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the UK courts in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of this web site. Use of this web site is unauthorised in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these terms and conditions, including without limitation this paragraph.
Links to third-party sites
Hyperlinks to third party web sited are provided for your reference only. We do not control these web sites and are not responsible for their content. Inclusion of hyperlinks to such web sites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such web sites or any association with their operators.
No unlawful or prohibited use
As a condition of your use of this web site you warrant to us that you will not use this web site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions and notices.
Modification of these terms and conditions
We reserve the right to change the terms, conditions and notices under which this web site is offered.